Re: FastTrack 100 TX2

Samuel Flory wrote:

Murty Rompalli wrote:

3. At the time of compiling kernel:
Unselect "Special FastTrak Feature" (because we DONT want to use FastTrak
BIOS)
Select Promise Controller support PDC20xxx (not as module). If you dont
select this your kernel probably will not boot or will boot but DMA is off
Unselect Promise Software raid (because we want a non-fasttrak ide box)

You certain about this. Many onboard promise chipsets are skipped if you fail to enable "Special FastTrak Feature". In any event there is no hard in enabling it. As long as you don't insert the ataraid module all you will ever see is non raid ide drives.

On the inverse, my Fasttrak 100 TX4 was skipped when I enabled the feature, as was my Fasttrak 66 in another machine. Leaving the feature OFF, but ataraid ON allowed me to function and access my Windows RAID partition (Linux on non-RAID disk).