Re: Fastrack 100 - kernel panic RedHat 7.3

Rob

Thanks for sharing your copy of Promise driver partial source. While it
may or may not work, it is best to have the ability to directly install
ataraid without going through the intermediate step of Promise raid.

I made a floppy with ataraid and pdcraid modules (taken from CD #3 for
kernel*BOOT rpm) and loaded the modules (insmod ./ataraid and then insmod
./pdcraid) and I can see ataraid devices properly. But I was unable to
continue RH 8.0 installation because Anaconda doesnot support ataraid.

When you try to play with your new box, let me know if you succeed in
installing RH 8.0 either directly or through the intermediate step

Thanks

Murty