Re: Intel SE7500WV2 w/Fastrak TX2000 Lite RAID

Edward Muller wrote:

Another question then.

If I am using the drives as two separate drives how should I configure
the drives under the Fasttrak setup/management interface that I have
access to at POST time?

The SE7500 has no option to disable the "raid features". So in order to boot off a drive you need to create a raid device in the promise bios. You can create a stiped array with a single drive. (Kinda of funny when you think about it.) Do this for every drive you want to boot off of.

PS-The SE7500WV2 has fairly limited space in low memory for bios and friends. You might want to disable pxe support and/or legacy usb support if you aren't using those features.
--
There is no such thing as obsolete hardware.
Merely hardware that other people don't want.