Re: redhat 8.0 and HighPoint372 ATA/133 RAID

I don't even get to the redhat installation.  Without a 8.0 boot disk, the
CD install doesn't even see the drives since they are on the other side of
the highpoint 372.

Three years ago I did this, but I was using a highpoint 370 controller, and
it had the option in the bios of being able to still use the IDE ports on
the motherboard, but disabling the RAID function.  That time this situation
was more easily conquered because I could just turn off the RAID function in
the bios.
On this motherboard, (the SOYO DRAGON Ultra) the only option is to
completely disable the onboard RAID... which also turns off the IDE ports
the drives are plugged into.

Secondly I noticed that you said
"You will install the software raid when you create your partitions...."
Are we talking about letting Linux control the RAID much like the old 'md'
method?
I am trying to keep this a hardware RAID.
so that linux only sees '/dev/sda'

I have installed 7.3 using the highpoint drivers before, and that is what
happens.
without the 8.0 boot disk though, it really IS a catch 22.

(Definition - A problematic situation for which the only solution is denied
by a circumstance inherent in the problem.)

Am I totally missing something here?