Re: redhat 8.0 and HighPoint372 ATA/133 RAID

El lun, 06-01-2003 a las 17:56, Shaun escribió:
> Cool!
> You are using this combination?

Humm,... that files are exactly the same i build to install my RH8.

But, ... I actually use the 2.4.19-ac4 kernel. (I tested lot of kernels
but only this boots correctly by the moment with the gpl driver)

If you what to use the High Point driver all kernels with the GPL hpt
suppor disabled will work.

Note that you have a new version of the HighPoint driver at their home
page.

http://www.highpoint-tech.com/372drivers_down.htm

> I see some SUSE links on the URL..... but it's not totally clear to me
where the SUSE stuff ends, and the REDHAT stuff starts...?

I included a link to someone's SUSE/HPT how to but i didn't do / explain
something about this.

Note that at the start of the "http://www.terra.es/personal2/capullator";
document i say that: "http://www.bandaancha.st/documentos.php?docid=56";
is the new version of the document, the old one is really un readable
:P.

In the 1st half goes the spanish version and in the 2nd half the english
one.

In "http://www.terra.es/personal2/capullator"; goes some "Documentation
updates" of the documentation included in the binaries:

http://www.bandaancha.st/deposito/descargas/install_redhat8_hpt372.tgz

and:

http://www.bandaancha.st/deposito/descargas/install_mandrake9_hpt372.tgz

That files where unchanged between the "1st release" due to a mirror
problem.

I repeat you need some updated (and ordered documentation) go here:
http://www.bandaancha.st/documentos.php?docid=56

> would love to get this going.
> Are you using ext2 or ext3?

ext3

The initrd of this files works with ext3 only you must modify the
"linuxrc" inside if you use another format.

(Sorry Shaun i'm re-sending this to the list)