rebuilding of array - bug or sth ?

Hello dear ataraid-list subscribers !

Here is my story about rh7.3 and fasttrack tx2pro:

I have installed my system with instructions taken form promise driver
readme file. Installation went good - system was booting, everything
was ok. I made test: switch off the first HD,
message apeared in /var/log/messages and /dev/console that
"first/master drive was discontected ... bla bla bla". I switeched HD and "first/Master
HD is active, rebuilding of array in progress ... bla bla bla". In that score
everything is good - background rebuilding is working.

I made a decision to change my kernel from 2.4.18-3 (rh rpms) to
2.4.20 - security ...

I have change my system to be suitable for ATARAID - options in kernel
for fasttrack stuff, lilo, changes in /etc/fstab, /etc/lilo.conf ...
My new configuration was working. Then again, i made test: exaclty the
same like in the first time. And here my problems begins ... System is
freezing, I can not make restart, only hard reset helps - nothing in
logs. I have rebuilded the array from BIOS menu - ok, my system is
working ... Why the background rebuilding is not working ?

My conf:
2.4.20 kernel
rh 7.3 with all erratas (without kernel rpms)
new lilo
intel motherboard
fasttrack tx2 pro
2 x 80 MB seagate HD