Re: Does ATARAID resync an array if there's a power failure?

>OK now we know.  Did you ask them why they don't give this driver to the
>kernel team?
>Can the driver which in into kernel for devices from 3Ware do the same?
>I don't think that the team which writes ataraid has the knowledge do
>create a drive like promise.And not because they don't know but
>because promise don't give them the info.
>
>Pavlos

I considered it, but I figured it wasn't their problem... They've provided a
driver for their product (for a minority OS), and if we want to use a different
one, it's really not up to them to support that choice.

To be fair, I haven't looked at the ataraid kernel driver in detail yet, but
I don't see why the array management stuff would need to be greatly different
to the md driver (I could eb wrong - the devil is in the details). I can think
of a few improvements, but it'll have to wait till I've got some time...