Re: Does ATARAID resync an array if there's a power failure?

On Sat, 09 Nov 2002 12:24:28 +1300 Richard Barrington
<rich_b_nz@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>  >>From what I've gathered talking to Promise, their driver takes care of
>  detecting and rebuilding a failed drive (including when hotswapping with
>  their disk trays - which got me thinking about that whole thing...).
OK now we know.  Did you ask them why they don't give this driver to the
kernel team?
Can the driver which in into kernel for devices from 3Ware do the same?
I don't think that the team which writes ataraid has the knowledge do
create a drive like promise.And not because they don't know but
because promise don't give them the info.

Pavlos

--
I love having the feeling of being in control

The surfer of life