HPT370 problem

I've followed the information from Highpoint to successfully get a
RedHat 7.3 system up and running in the SCSI emulation mode.

However I cannot get it to run in native mode. I've followed all the
relevant instructions at http://www.murty.net/ataraid/ including
downloading the latest kernel, configuring to ensure all relevant kernel
options are compiled in statically and recompiling.

All seems to work except at 'make install' where I get a message that
module hpt3x7 is not found. Does this not come with the latest kernel?
Am I supposed to incorporate the open source version from Highpoint?

Further information would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Karl.