HPT370 Problem

Hi,
I recently bought a Siemens DVB-S card (digital satelite television) and if I boot linux with this card installed the whole system freezes sooner or later: if I do nothing later and with harddisk access sooner. I don´t think that this is a problem with this card, because it works fine with Win98SE. And it is no IRQ sharing problem. I am using a HPT370 on a Abit KT7-Raid and had no problems so far. I have the newest BIOS for the board with a new HPT-BIOS (2.0.1024 from www.biosmods.com) but I will try also the most recent version 2.0.1204 and the original and hope that this will solve the problem.

To solve the above problem I tried to compile a new kernel (2.4.16) but with this kernel I can not boot from the array: "Kernel was unable to mount root on ...". I used exactly the same config (grub) as I did with 2.4.12 and I know that the driver works perfectly because I tried the same kernel on a scsi disk and it was no problem to mount the array and work on it. So are there changes in the new kernel that did not work together with ataraid?

Greetings Helge.