Re: Success - 2.4.19 with FastTrak TX2000

As side note, you don't need the initrd and bootloader append line if you compile ataraid and pdcraid modules statically into kernel. RAID array is automatically detected during boot.

I did not find this to be the case, for some unknown reason. When I compiled the modules statically, the RAID array was not detected at all during boot. It was only after I compiled them as modules and created an initrd that the array was detected and worked successfully.