Re: promise PDC20276 / MBFastTrak133 Lite on RH73 - 2.4.18-3

Hi
I conclude you are running Promise RAID using their proprietary driver,
i.e. /dev/sda etc. Well, if everything works then ignore the error you are
getting. The driver is already loading through initrd supplied in
lilo.conf. This initrd is created when you chose to install Promise
raid. So, even if the module version does not load, you can ignore.

Regarding whether to rely on Promise raid or not, I chose to rely to Linux
native ataraid because I can see the source and understand what its
doing. I did experience strange scsi timeout errors with Promise raid.

Murty Rompalli