Re: why not use the promise scusi emulation driver ?

Well that i imagne has very very very little effect since the  hard disks
cant put out any thing close to that with 7200 rpm ... they dont even get
neer the 100 ATA mark, yap its all good an nice have a very wide bus but the
hard ware bhind it cant realy delever ...

but the main point of my quation is ... is there a big diffrence in
prefromance between the scusi emulation to the native driver ? cause i heard
the sucsi has some overhead just for the emulation part ....

Oh and yes the Promise isn't all hardware and not the best but for home use
? do u want to spend the bucs for a real raid controler ? well ... if u have
the cash and nothing to do with it then have fun ... for 2 disks its enaghf
but for raid 3 or 5 its a very diffrent story, and i know some systems with
that kind of hardware and they burn rubber (a scusi real rade up to 15 times
faster then a regular sucsi drive wich is alfcourse faster then any 133 bla
bla ata drive)