Re: To Chris

Today, rogun noboda wrote:
> As I said, I'm a newbie to linux and raid.  After installing Redhat 7.3 the
> only thing I've done to try to make it work is to insmod the ataraid.o and
> pdcraid.o modules in the /dev/ataraid directory.  After I reboot I'm unable
> to see them when doing a /sbin/lsmod command.  Is this okay or am I missing
> something?

insmod doesn't persist across reboots. lsmod only lists the currently
instered modules... not those available to be inserted. After doing the
insmod are you able to mount the stripe set correctly and see your data
before you reboot?

--
Never make a technical decision based upon the politics of the situation.
Never make a political decision based upon technical issues.