Re: To Chris

On Sun, May 26, 2002 at 03:06:09PM +0000, rogun noboda wrote:
> Fwiw, I've noticed that I can load a single drive as /dev/hde and I get the
> same garbage, but the other one, /dev/hdg, is impossible to load by itself.
That's because the Promise Bios only stores the partition table (the
first ??KB) on one disk.
> As I said, I'm a newbie to linux and raid.  After installing Redhat 7.3 the
> only thing I've done to try to make it work is to insmod the ataraid.o and
> pdcraid.o modules in the /dev/ataraid directory.  After I reboot I'm unable
> to see them when doing a /sbin/lsmod command.  Is this okay or am I missing
> something?
Humm, you've got me stumped here.. Have you tried with a recent stock
kernel from ftp.kernel.org? I don't personally use RedHat, but I've
heard of people having problems (unrelated to ataraid) with the patched
kernels that come with their distro.

  --Chris

--
Mr. Fortune Cookie says:
The most common form of marriage proposal: "YOU'RE WHAT!?"