Re: Difference between ataraid in 2.4.17 and 2.4.19

You probably select the option "boot offboard chipset first" in ata configuration. This option reverse PCI scan order, so your Promise controller is found before your chipset ide controller and so your chipset ata devices became hde/f/g/h and promise connected devices hda/b/c/d. Hope it helps

Martin