Re: To RAID or not to RAID?

le dim 05-05-2002 à 13:55, Gordon Moyer a écrit :

> 1.  Would I encounter the same problems if I used a Promise
>     RAID card instead of onboard RAID?

It would be the same. The onboard RAID is exactly like a RAID card, but
onboard...

> 2.  Would Linux software RAID work without kernel rebuilds
>     or other significant customizations?

I think it would work without a kernel rebuild, since software RAID
support is included as modules in the kernel. A RAID card with the
ataraid drivers is mostly useful for a multiple OS system booting on a
RAID.

--
Marc