Re: Promise Fasttrack: lost interrupt.

I'm using two drives on the Fasttrack controller, both on their own cable and both running as master... just for wiring purposes I have one disc connected to the second connector of the cable, while the other is connected to the connector halfway down the cable. Apparantly the drives get assigned a different drive character then. I've now switched both cables (again just for wiring purposes, keeping the internals of the box neat) and now one drive is hde and the other is hdh...

I have been playing around with different DMA settings for the drives, other compile options for the kernel, but still with no improvement; still getting the same errors repeatedly... can you tell me what settings you're using?

Regards,

Arjan

PS. I don't think it matters, but I'm using two Maxtor DX740 80GB drives on this controller...

mathieu wrote:

The exact error I am getting now, when trying to mkfs a raid1 md device, is:
ide_dmaproc: chipset supported ide_dma_lostirq func only: 13
hdf: lost interrupt
ide_dmaproc: chipset supported ide_dma_lostirq func only: 13
hdg: lost interrupt
ide_dmaproc: chipset supported ide_dma_lostirq func only: 13
hdf: lost interrupt
ide_dmaproc: chipset supported ide_dma_lostirq func only: 13
hdg: lost interrupt

Any clue what I might be doing wrong?

hdf and hdg? How many harddisks do you use? If there are only two I suppose you put them on a seperate controller, both being master, so it should be hde and hdg.

Btw, changing dma settings with hdparm helped a few others (but also me) getting rid of a lot (dma) errors. (Those errors were different I know, anyway you might wanna give it a try.)

mathieu