Promise TX 4 interrupts ?

I installed a Promise Fasttrack tx4 on a AOpen dx34 mainboard. Two channel scsi onboard, 40 GB Ibm disk on ide0, cd-rom on ide1, onboard ethernet enabled. There is only one PCI slot in use, with the Promise controller, 4 x 80 GB ata100 drives, one on each controller. No errors while booting, but the raid is extremely slow. Tried Linux software raid and ATA raid (kernel), same result.

cat /proc/interrupts tells me the four channels on the promise share the same interrupt (APIC). Could this be the reason for the bad performance ? Is there any way to map the interrupts in a different way using kernel options ?

Does anyone had experience with this ?

Thanks,

Karl