Re: MSI (Microstar) onboard RAID controller.

> Also the software raid howto says its a bad idea to put to drives on the
same
> IDE channel (for performance reasons). Is this still the case with
ataraid?
> Or could I use four drives if I wanted to?
>
> Regards,
>
> Per

This is a fundamental limitation of IDE. Only the master or the slave on a
given cable can ever be communicating at any one time. I run two Ultra100's
(4 masters, no slaves) to avoid this limit. Two Promise cards will daisy
chain nicely, but I don't know if the onboard version will.