2.4.13 Kernel and Fasttrak 66 (Mirror)

Hello,

I have a greater problem with the 2.4.13 and the ataraid!
But first my configuration:
2x4GB HDs mirrored
partition1 is my root
partition4 is my swap
On an Asus P3BF, with a ATAPI CDROM at the intel BX IDE port.

I want to upgrade the kernel 2.2.18 to a 2.4.13. For the 2.2.18, I got a
Promise module, which created a scsi device sda1 of my mirror. Now I want to
move to 2.4.13. I could not find a suitable Promise module for the
kernelversion, therefor I tried to use the ataraid.
Now my questions:
1. Had anyone tried to use the Promise modules with the kernel 2.4.13?

2. I couldn´t get the kernel up, if I used all the options mentioned in
http://people.redhat.com/arjanv/pdcraid/ataraidhowto.html.
If I set up this options:
CONFIG_BLK_DEV_PDC202X     -  PROMISE PDC202{46|62|65|67|68} support
CONFIG_PDC202XX_FORCE      -    Special FastTrak Feature
CONFIG_BLK_DEV_ATARAID     -  Support for IDE Raid controllers
CONFIG_BLK_DEV_ATARAID_PDC -  Support Promise software RAID (Fasttrak(tm))
The kernel hangs (without a kernel panic) directly after recognizing the
ide1, ide2 and ide3. But if I try to set it up only with:
CONFIG_BLK_DEV_ATARAID     -  Support for IDE Raid controllers
CONFIG_BLK_DEV_ATARAID_PDC -  Support Promise software RAID (Fasttrak(tm))
The kernel will come up and my / resides on /dev/ataraid/d0p1.

Is the howto outdated or have I a problem with my configuration? What are
the options I should use?

3. I use GRUB as the bootloader, and I can only start my kernel if I tell
grub, that my rootfs is on /dev/hde1 or /dev/hdg1. After the kernel came up,
I got a / fs on ataraid/d0p1, but my data was only written on one disk. The
mirroring wasn´t active!
I´m sure this point is not a issue of this mailinglist, but maybe someone
had a similar problem.

Hope you can help!
Best regards,
Darko