Some questions

Hello,

I tried to compile ataraid under RH7 and kernel 2.4.6, but
in this kernel, the GFP_BUFFER def has disappeared...

I would like to try with the recommended 2.4.6-ac kernel
and would like to know what mean 'ac' ?

What i have understood is that booting on a raid array
is not proved to work ... that means there is a chance
it does ;-)

>From http://www.thedukeofurl.org/reviews/misc/promisehowto71/,
i read

"I disagree with how these are put together (they just treat the
 FastTrak card as an IDE device, not a SCSI device), but they will
 do the trick for users who need open source drivers. "

What does it mean ? Is it a bad thing that the card is being seen
as an IDE device ?

For information, i have a 694D Pro AIR mb, with a built
in PDC20265 Promise FastTrack-Lite 100 raid controller.

Thank you for any help !

Greg