Re: Promise Fastrak100

On Tue, Jul 10, 2001 at 08:53:42AM +1000, Steve Elliott wrote:
> G'day there,
> I am  about to install a number of new systems with Fastrak100 TX2 raid
> card.
> I will be hanging 4 60 gig disks off these machines.
> I require to run RedHat7.1 with 2.4.4 kernel as i require firewire
> support also.
>
> Is this link http://www.thedukeofurl.org/reviews/misc/promisehowto71/
> the latest doc on getting drivers to work correctly ?

Those are the Promise binary only drivers. Promise seems to have released
them only for the 2.4.2-2 kernel.

> Also, do u envisage problems with installing the system onto the RAID
> drives ?

If you don't have to share the drivers with Windows, right now using the
drives with Linux softwareraid is simplest. I'm working on getting the GPL
drivers (http://people.redhat.com/arjanv/pdcraid) to work with installers
and lilo as well, but I haven't spent much time on getting linux to boot
from the raid.

Greetings,
  Arjan van de Ven