Re: WebSockets don't work properly after upgrading from 14.7.5 to 15.2.1

Thanks! I tried using tcpdump and found that in the case when things are stuck, i.e. I don’t see any requests reaching my application there are actually no packets being issued from Asterisk.

In one of my attempts, I observed that the first call went through fine. And, then suddenly Asterisk stopped sending any more events over the web socket. Seems like Asterisk is getting into some weird state.

From: asterisk-app-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:asterisk-app-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Matt Riddell
Sent: Wednesday, February 21, 2018 10:48 AM
To: Asterisk Application Development discussion <asterisk-app-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [asterisk-app-dev] WebSockets don't work properly after upgrading from 14.7.5 to 15.2.1

I'd do some ngrep or something to check if the network traffic is flowing to start with.

On 21/02/2018, at 12:30 PM, Gaurav Khurana <gkhurana@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hey all,

Did anyone else face the same issue or might know what is happening?

My application talks to Asteirsk over ARI. Everything worked perfectly with 14.7.5. But, when I upgraded Asterisk to 15.2.1, even though the web socket connection seems to have happened, the events like (ChannelCreated, etc) fail to reach my Application. This happens intermittently, i.e. sometimes when I start Asterisk and connect my application it works fine and sometimes it doesn’t.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Gaurav

Cheers,