Re: Handling Inbound Calls with ARI

Timothy Bott wrote:
Thank you very much for your quick reply.

Generally instead of doing that people have been replacing the
Queue application with their own ARI application instead. Since the
channel is then always in Stasis they can do what they need to
connect it to the right place. It also makes it easier to implement
different strategies and business logic.

I have read about this solutions before and I am very interested in
it. Just to ensure I understand this properly.

If I want to write my own Queue application, I would do as follows:

1. I send all incoming calls to stasis by using Stasis(appname) in my
dialplan

2. I have a websocket connection always listening for event and
connected to this application, since the "Stasis()" command fails if
the application is not registered on asterisk.

3. I would write my own business logic to handle incoming calls and
manipulate them however i want.

Yes.

I assume that I can move a channel from one stasis application to
another, is that correct?

Currently you can't do it directly without going back into the dialplan using /continue.

Cheers,

--
Joshua Colp