Re: queue.member and queue.caller status

On 17 December 2014 at 12:21, Paul Belanger <paul.belanger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Greetings all,

Salutations and good tidings!

This is where feedback is required, mostly from people who are running
reports.  What do you want status to represent for a queue.caller?  As
most I can think of the following:

- waiting (they joined the queue and waiting to be connected)
- connected (talking to somebody)
- onhold (places on hold by queue.member?)

even that list might be long.  We could change the state when the are
hearing a queue message being played, but again, not sure.

Adding different status is pretty easy right now, I mostly just wanted
to see what people wanted for a queue.caller status.

In my experience the reports can get pretty detailed with the information that people want to build. While they often start out simple enough, as soon as you deliver what they are looking for they think of more things to report on :)

Another status which might be harder to track, would be transfer states. Periodically someone might call a queue and get there accidentally, or needs to be escalated to another queue etc. It's possible with the states that you have now you could track and report on this (as the caller would enter a queue, leave a queue, then enter a queue again). I do think the onhold status is useful as it could be nice to determine if certain agents are putting callers on hold more often (might need more training with the system while looking up information etc).

Off hand though I can't think of any other "states" that a caller could get into other than waiting, connected, or onhold. Seems like the other ones I can think of (reject, ringing, timeout, etc) would all be on the agent side of the call.

--
Leif Madsen