Re: CALLID header in SuccessfulAuth manager message

On Wed, Sep 10, 2014 at 9:40 AM, Jurijs Ivolga <jurij.ivo@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

I'm creating application which should be triggered after peer registration. I'm listening on manager interface for events. Following event I'm getting when peer are registered:

Event: SuccessfulAuth
Privilege: security,all
SequenceNumber: 214
File: manager.c
Line: 1459
Func: manager_default_msg_cb
EventTV: 2014-09-10T10:38:47.508+0200
Severity: Informational
Service: SIP
EventVersion: 1
AccountID: +1234567890
SessionID: 0x7f4f6431fc88
LocalAddress: IPV4/UDP/192.168.1.174/5060
RemoteAddress: IPV4/UDP/192.168.1.152/36623
UsingPassword: 1

When I got this event I'm triggering my script. When peer tries to unregister or re-register, then SessionID should be same as for initial register message(I believe so). Sometimes after new registration SessionID is not updated and in this case my script ignores this message, cause it is assuming that it is re-registration.

This is a security event, which is not related to a channel. For all we know, something just registered; that doesn't mean there is an active call between this Account and Asterisk.

If you want to know when a peer registers, you should use the PeerStatus event, as you allude to later.

As solution I assumed I can use sip header CALLID, but it is not possible to include it in manager SuccessfulAuth messages, I tried to add to manager.conf following line:

channelvars = SIPCALLID

But it do not helps, it shows SIPCALLID for other manager messages but not for SuccessfulAuth messages.

It will not show up, as there is no channel. You can't emit channelvars on events that have nothing to do with an active channel.

Additionally I do not understand why PeerStatus: Reachable message(which you can find below) is not generated for each registration. 50% of registration I see this message, but I should be able to get it for each registration.

Event: PeerStatus
Privilege: system,all
SequenceNumber: 220
File: manager.c
Line: 1459
Func: manager_default_msg_cb
ChannelType: SIP
Peer: SIP/+1111111111
PeerStatus: Reachable

A PeerStatus of Reachable does not imply that a peer has registered, merely that the peer is now reachable (based on qualify attempts). You should get a PeerStatus event when a peer first registers, with a PeerStatus header of "Registered".

--
Matthew Jordan
Digium, Inc. | Engineering Manager