Re: Pops when starting/switching audio files

On Tue, Sep 9, 2014 at 5:16 PM, Krandon <krandon.bruse@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hey Matt,

As of right now, load is about 2.8. The majority of the problems are coming from I/O constraints first. We moved the DB off, as we had planned on doing - and also put the audio files in a ramdisk, as the same chunk of small audio files were part of every call (playback). The ARI interface is still extremely responsive. We are interested in seeing how it fails when it pushes - if the interface stays stable with a "graceful" failure, or if it effects all other calls. In the case of the manager interface, it would stop responding which immediately affected all calls. So far, we have not seen that with ARI (woohoo!)

Should we do some testing with Asterisk 13?

--
KB

That'd be great if you could. If Asterisk isn't the bottleneck then I wouldn't expect much difference, but it'd still be nice to know that the beta didn't break your scenario :-)

--
Matthew Jordan
Digium, Inc. | Engineering Manager