Re: Pops when starting/switching audio files

Krandon wrote:
Hello my friends,

I seem to be hearing a "pop" when starting audio files or restarting
audio files through the ARI interface.

Here is a link to an example: http://bit.ly/WhguWi

Any ideas why this may be? I thought it may be because of artifacts in
the WAV file, but I've tried with mp3 and ulaw exported.

What happens if you do a Playback, Wait, Playback in the dialplan? What about a Playback and a Playback? Does the same thing happen? Can you provide a wireshark capture of the RTP?

The underlying issue might be that whatever you are connected to doesn't like gaps in the media flow, which can happen with Asterisk.

--
Joshua Colp