ARI method of posting log messages to Asterisk

On 10/16/2013 03:05 PM, Alistair Cunningham wrote:
> On 16/10/13 14:58, Matthew Jordan wrote:
>> Is Paul's suggestion of using syslog or logstash (which can aggregate
>> logs from multiple sources) a valid work around?
>
> I'm not sure if this question is directed at me or the group in
> general? From my point of view, we already do our own logs, so logging
> through Asterisk is useful and makes debugging easier but is by no
> means essential - much less so than user events which allow us to
> interact with 3rd party software in ways that would be otherwise
> difficult. Perhaps Mark Michelson, who started this thread, would be
> the best person to ask.

Well to be honest, the issue is in the Asterisk tracker because we got
the impression that this would be something useful based on ARI
discussions at Astricon. It may be, though, that this is actually not as
useful/important as we were led to believe. If the list is in agreement
that this sort of functionality is unneeded, then I can simply close the
issue and move on.

I'll leave this thread alone for a day or two to give others the ability
to weigh in just in case there are strong opinions in one way or the other.

Mark Michelson

[Index of Archives]     [Asterisk SS7]     [Asterisk Announcements]     [Asterisk Users]     [PJ SIP]     [Linux ARM Kernel]     [Linux ARM]     [Linux Omap]     [Fedora ARM]     [IETF Annouce]     [Security]     [Bugtraq]     [Linux]     [Linux OMAP]     [Linux MIPS]     [ECOS]     [Linux API]