Re: arch-proaudio Digest, Vol 31, Issue 2

> Hello Nils and Bill,
>
> Pamac manager lists Agordejo 0.3.0-1 as the latest release.

Hello,

we are dealing with several unrelated problems here.

0) For Agordejo bug reports use https://laborejo.org/bugs/

1) Kevin, you are using Manjaro and not Arch. While I personally have nothing against that you have to accept the consequences of posting to an Archlinux mailinglist, including the suggestion to basically destroy your Manjaro install and convert it manually to Arch.
The more mundane consequence is that Manjaro is a slow distro and their packagers are always behind Arch when it comes to new releases.

You could simply download Agordejo 0.3.1 from https://www.laborejo.org/downloads and install it yourself. It's just ./configure --prefix=/usr && make && sudo make install

2) Kevin, you have a broken symlink and Agordejo didn't expect that and crashed. This is indeed a misconfigured system, but it shouldn't crash my program, which I need to fix. I also believe that I fixed that already in 0.3.1, but it may be a different symlink problem. In any case I will try to replicate that and try to prevent the crash. Your own solution is to make sure that there are no broken symlinks. If you use Agordejo, which is New-Session-Manager, you don't need RaySession in the first place anyway.

3) As a future suggestion, Kevin, please try to read and understand the logs you are posting. I admit they are long and verbose, but the problem that you have a broken symlink was in fact there from the beginning. Your assumptions about the other two problems you indentified as "the same" were wrong. I believe you saw the first line which is just "there was a crash, here comes the log" and assumed all three problems were the same. (meaning *ERROR:engine.start:Caught crash in execpthook. Trying too execute atexit anyway. Traceback...)

3) There is a different problem reported by bill-auger regarding root and PATHs. I will look into that, thank you for the report.

Thank you all for making it possible that I can fix my software!

Nils

On Tue, 18 Jan 2022 13:36:32 -0800