Re: snd with scheme

On 2021-08-10 10:41:11 (+0200), Orm Finnendahl via arch-proaudio wrote:
> Hi David,
>
>  FYI: I'm using snd with scheme and couldn't use the packaged version
> of arch as it seems to have ruby built in. I'm now using a self
> compiled snd version with scheme in /usr/local, but maybe it'd be good
> to do it like debian and also package a snd-scheme in arch for people
> like me. IIRC debian has snd-ruby, snd-forth and snd-scheme (meybe
> even creating a symlink to snd to make them coexist nicely instead of
> replacing the snd binary, but my memories are fading).

I understand. I'll try to look into a split package then.

It is unfortunately not very clear from the build system's point of view
how to handle the extension language(s).
After all, all example files are automatically installed to
/usr/share/snd/ (e.g. .scm, .rb and .fs) further implying to the user
that all languages are supported. This is very confusing behavior IMHO.

Best,
David

--
https://sleepmap.de