Re: Dropping dead project: lash

On Fri, Jun 15, 2018 at 6:32 PM, David Runge <dave@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Please don't get me wrong here:
> I'm using a2jmidid myself from time to time.
> I wrote "in the not too distant future". I mainly have falktx' statement
> regarding jack1/jack2 feature parity in mind here [1].

That's a relief. :) I remember now that this was discussed on lad a
while back. It's a real pity that Nedko seems to have disappeared from
the scene and that Filipe is busy with other things now. I'm afraid
that I don't have the time to give a helping hand myself, as I'm
involved in quite a few projects and maintain way too many packages
already. :(

FWIW, there's quite a few mirrors of Nedko's a2jmidid source on GitHub
already, such as https://github.com/simonvanderveldt/a2jmidid, so at
least we can be reasonably sure that it doesn't just suddenly
disappear from the web altogether. Whether Simon is willing to keep
maintaining it is another matter, but if not we can just fork it again
if the need arises.

Albert

P.S.: David, I'm sorry that I missed your presentation about pro-audio
on Arch, I was too busy in the hallway (or rather Spree-side) track
around the time. I see that that the video of your talk is up already,
but will you also upload your slides on http://lac.linuxaudio.org/2018
some time?

--
Dr. Albert Gr"af