Re: Console, VT, non X or wayland, fonts (Was: An Intro from A Debian User)

Chime Hart <chime@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi U34: While I have a  desktop I can use, I mostly enjoy 24consoles. In Debian
> I load this particular font manually, which doubles an amount of lines from the
> defalt
> sudo setfont /usr/share/consolefonts/Lat15-VGA8.psf.gz
> Yes, loading this in Arch does also increase lines to 135 but I have littl2no
> speech. Thanks in advance
> Chime

Never tried it. Since you mentioned it, Does it work for you in Debian?
Does https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/Speech_dispatcher helpful?
In general, if you are fluent in Debian, it might be helpful to follow
what Debian does, keeping in mind that things in arch are similar, but
not exactly the same. In addition, wiki.archlinux.org is a great source
for information.
Also note that since

   they are useing "yay" for updates

, it could be you have an arch derivative. While this list is for native
archlinux. Once again, depending on your experince and requirments, the
implications are different for different users.

--
u34