Re: Console, VT, non X or wayland, fonts (Was: An Intro from A Debian User)

"David C. Rankin" <drankinatty@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 4/6/24 14:45, Chime Hart wrote:
> > ell, 2nd try, as I must have posted to the subscription address instead.
> > I am still running Debian SID on my main machine with a screen-reader,
> > Speakup, as I am totally blind. Meanwhile, I wanted to try a newer
> > screen-reader, called Fenrir on a laptop. So, we switched over to Arch. While
> > at times I find the 2 package managers confusing, I like an aspect of a much
> > newer kernel.
> > An issue, I cannot find a smaller font which will provide many more lines. So
> > far only 67, but when I was in Debian with this same laptop, I had 135. Can
> > any1 please suggest a font which will do the trick? Storm, who maintains
> > Fenrir says I would need a font which supports utf8, so Fenrir will read. I am
> > having glowing support from Storm as well as Didier, an author of Slint,
> > another accessable distro. Thanks so much in advance
> > Chime
>
> You are in luck!

Is Chime Hart basically looking for fonts to the console, also known as
virtual console, VT, non related to X or Wayland?
Can Chime Hart add more details about his debian preferred fonts? Details
such as the name of the font, or the file name? In debian, must he loads
the preffered fonts explicitly, or does he get them by default? If he must
load them explicitly, how does he do that? Are there other details he sees
relevant?

--
u34