Re: gitlab ban cf tld and bugtracker migration to gitlab

On 23/11/24 09:58PM, u34@xxxxxxx wrote:
> Hello,

Hello!

> I tried register gitlab by the same email address I am using for this
> list. Their online form replied that
>
>     Email is not allowed for sign-up. Please use your regular email
>     address. Check with your administrator. (https://imgur.com/a/fszgDHA)
>
> The email address is a sub domain in the .cf tld.
> Gitlab support response was
>
>     Emails from the `cf` domain are restricted from registering due to
>     their frequent use for abusive practices. Please use an email from another
>     domain if you wish to register.
>
> One can also register gitlab by using his account at google, github,
> bitbucket or salesforce.

It seems like you tried to register for gitlab.com instead of our
gitlab. These two are unrelated except that they share the same backend
software.

> My only motive to register is arch bugtracker.
> https://gitlab.archlinux.org/groups/flyspray-migration/packaging/packages/-/issues .
> Though, if I am registered, I might use my account for other purposes.
> As of now, I am reluctant to become a gitlab user. Not a lost for archlinux,
> or to gitlab. Still, for your information.

Please direct your request for the accunt to
accountsupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, then we can create an account for you!

cheers,
gromit