Re: about translating certain words

hi,
thanks for the mail.

On 11/19/23 21:10, ag-sig99 wrote:
> Hi,
>
> First of all, I am happy to see someone having an idea to translate
> Archwiki into Bangla.
>
> I would suggest it to be translated into casual Bangla since chaste
> Bangla is something that most won't even understand and some common
> terminology might not be even properly translated to convey the required
> information. I believe that using DeepL or any machine translator would
> be a bad idea since it doesn't work well with Indic languages.
>
> Have a nice day! (:
>
> Thanking you all,
>
> ag.
>
> On 11/18/23 17:29, zoorat wrote:
>> hi,
>>
>> I was planning to translate AURweb and archwiki into Bangla.

this is exactly why I initially sent this email.

after exchanging all those emails,
I have concluded that I will prioritize the use of formal Bangla, but
for technical terms, I will adopt the commonly used words.
the Bangla Academy's handling of technical terms is ineffective and, at
best, confusing. they just straight up explain the words in the
dictionary most of the time rather than giving a single word.

and most probably, I will not be using any tools.
maybe some google translate because it at least somewhat works...

have a nice day.

--
yours zoorat,
PGP: 00000586360F8791A5492251129802DDA8074345