Packaging wireguard re-resolve DNS

Hi everyone,

wireguard users need to manually re-resolve the DNS when using endpoints with changing IPs. The wiki page lists an example solution using a systemd timer[0]. I like that solution a lot and use it heavily on multiple machines, and as I prefer to have system files managed by pacman instead of manually creating them, I created an AUR package for that.

Today I set up another machine using that package, and I thought, why not push the package to the public, so others can use it as well. Of course, you can as well just copy-paste the example on the wiki page, but I guess there are more people out there who prefer having system files managed by pacman instead of manually creating them. Its easier, after all.

However, less than an hour after pushing my package to the AUR and mentioning it in the wiki, the change was reverted and a deletion request was filed with the comment

> useless package which literally just copy-pastes the units from the wiki

Yes, that's right, it doesn't need to do more than that, because the example on the wiki works great, no need to change that. However, I still think it adheres to the AUR submission guidelines, as I can imagine I'm not the only one who prefers installing an AUR package over copying file contents from the wiki.

What do you think? Is this really a useless package? Then go ahead, delete it. But I'm not sure if that's the prevalent opinion, or if there are others like me that like seeing things like that on the AUR, that make your life easier. So at least I wanted to raise the discussion.

Would love to hear your input,

lukaro

[0]: https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/WireGuard#Endpoint_with_changing_IP