systemd 254 - How will we disable soft-reboot?

Arch devs,

I read that systemd 254 will enable a soft-reboot similar to how windows does fast-boot does it. (The Register: https://go.reg.cx/tdml/dfd67/64f3cc7f/8aaa3ef6/49jh)

Mentioned in the article is this soft-reboot will prevent a full reboot - preventing kernel updates in that mode. But the article is silent, and indeed hints at the open question of if or how this will be disabled to allow kernel updates, dual-booting, etc..

Personally, just like on windows, I want to permanently disable it. I don't know if that has been settled yet on Arch, but wanted to know whether we will have the ability to just disable the systemd soft-boot. I have a 12 second cold-start to full desktop -- I have no need for a soft-reboot that will cause issues with dual-booting and kernel updates.

  Anybody know if, and how we will be able to do it?

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.