Re: systemd 254 - How will we disable soft-reboot?

Reading the related man-page [1] I suppose that it is up to the user initiating the reboot whether
the system is soft or cold rebooted.

Quoting:

'Note that systemd-soft-reboot.service (and related units) should never be executed directly.
Instead, trigger system shutdown with a command such as "systemctl soft-reboot".'

[1] https://man.archlinux.org/man/systemd-soft-reboot.service.8.en