Re: Microphone is not working with Microsoft Teams

On 2023-03-13 12:38:56, L. Rose wrote:

> > On 13. Mar 2023, at 08:04, Sadeep Madurange <sadeep@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > I tried replacing pipewire-alsa with pipewire-pulse (based on Arch
> > wiki), and installing them side-by-side as you recommended. Both these
> > make the sound system stop working altogether.
>
> That's weird, because I'm using pipewire-alsa, pipewire-pulse and
> pipewire-jack in parallel with the default configuration on multiple
> machines. Any custom configuration or special packages on your side?

I don't think I have any special config. Audio has been a bit of
trouble from the beginning on this workstation. It's a ThinkPad X1.
Perhaps it might help to give a bit of a background on what triggered
the issue.

Initially, the mic was working fine. What I had installed was ALSA,
pipewire and pavucontrol. Recently, I got a bluetooth earphones. So, I
installed the bluez-util pkg to connect to the earphones. Then, I
removed pavucontrol, installed pipewire-alsa. My bluetooth earphone
audio was working fine, and on the same day, the mic on teams (on
Vivaldi web browser) worked as well. By the next day, it had stopped
working (probably because of rebooting). Even for Slack web app mic was
not working. Then, I removed Vivaldi, all the chromium config, and
installed chromium browser. Then, mic started working for Slack, but
not for teams.

When I try to use teams on Firefox, mic works. But, my audio no longer
works. All I hear when someone speaks is static. What a mess this app
is...

--
Regards,
Sadeep