Re: Microphone is not working with Microsoft Teams

On 2023-03-10 07:14:14, Jude DaShiell wrote:
> have you tried starting up teams without microphone plugged in then
> plugging in microphone to see what comes up as configuration
> possibilities

This is the built-in mic.

On 2023-03-10 11:29:57, L. Rose wrote:
> Did you consider installing pipewire-pulse as well? Maybe Teams or the
> Browser work better with the Pulse Backend of Pipewire instead of ALSA, as
> Pulse is usually the standard?

I tried replacing pipewire-alsa with pipewire-pulse (based on Arch
wiki), and installing them side-by-side as you recommended. Both these
make the sound system stop working altogether.

On 2023-03-10 10:14:14, Polarian wrote:
> I had an issue similar to this, microsoft teams (through web browser) kept
> cutting my microphone out. I believe it is an issue with using the web
> browser, I have heard if you use the desktop client the issue is eliminated.
>
> I found restarting pipewire fixes the issue, for about 30 mins before it
> happens again.

Thanks Polarian, but this doesn't seem to be working. The teams pkg in
aur says that Microsoft is discontinuing Linux desktop client in favour
of the web app...

--
Regards,
Sadeep