Re: Arch device not showing up when attempting to install

Hello,

I told my friend to list the contents of the label directory, and well... only his other drives showed up, there is no installation media label which shows up, only his SSD and HDD partition labels. When inspecting the USB the partitions are there but for some reason the label doesn't show up.

I assume the issue is then with the flashing utility, but he has tried both the best flashing utilities on windows, so I am not sure what else to try.

It could be possible the USB stick is partially dead, USB sticks are renown for having bad sectors and as soon as you go to read the bad sectors on one of the chips, it fails and causes major issues.

Apart from changing to a different USB, is there any other suggestions on how to solve this issue?

Thanks,
Polarian