Re: Arch device not showing up when attempting to install

On 1/2/23 15:22, Polarian wrote:
Hello,

So my friend is trying to install Arch Linux, and he has ran into an issue I can not find a solution to, the Arch Threads on this issue has the typical "Fixed" one word solution, which doesn't ever explain HOW they fixed it.

Does anyone know what causes this following error:

/dev/disk/by-label/ARCH_202212 device did not show up after 30 seconds.

Arch tries to mount the disk with label ARCH_202212.

Probably the disk has another label.

Either label the disk ARCH_202212 or in the grub shell mount it manually.

This is after booting to the USB stick and then the grub bootloader, but when attempting to boot to the Arch Installation media the error above occurs.

I have tried it with the latest archiso 202301 and it had the same issue, so that is why I tried to use the last version (which I used to install Arch Linux on one of my personal devices, thus I know the iso works) but yet the same issue still occurs.

I got a feeling its the flashing tool which is the issue, I always use dd on linux, but my friend uses windows and he has tried both rufus and balena etcher, both of which have the same exact issue. He has cleaned the USB stick using diskpart (wipe partitions) to ensure that the USB is completely clean before flashing to see if that was an issue, same issue still occurs.

If anyone knows what could be causing this, it would be very helpful :)

Polarian