Setting up new computer to be identical to old one

I am looking to replace my current desktop PC, which is getting on for
8 years old now, with a more up-to-date one. Ideally I want the new one
to be set up the same as my current one, which has been running on Arch
since I first got it. I keep my Arch up-to-date by running a full
update roughly every four weeks.

What is the best way to set up the new one to mirror the existing one?
I'd like to have all the same packages installed, with basically the
same setup, except for obvious points like the new PC having a
different IP address and name on my network.

My initial idea was something like the following:

1) Install a basic Arch system on the new computer
2) Get the list of installed packages from the old computer (I think
there is a way to do this using Pacman?) 3) Somehow get Pacman to
install the same list of packages on the new computer. 4) Tidy up any
config files that need changing - e.g. for the aforementioned IP
address / computer name stuff. 5) Copy over my /home directory 6) Copy
over various data directories/partitions I have -e.g. I have a whole
bunch of images stored in a separate partition that I'll want to copy
over. The stuff in here is all self-contained so should be easy enough
to copy over.

I found thread https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=171726 which
had some ideas as well - the above is sort-of based on stuff I found on
there along with my own thoughts.

Does that look like a reasonable plan? Anything I might be missing?

Thanks for your attention.

Regards,

Spencer