Re: Arch-general is becoming a mess !

According to Justin Strickland:
heh seems most of this blaze has to do with users who are unfamiliar with systemd and by convention afraid of it, I suppose the devs could lay down the law and just be like 'this is what arch is going to ship with and this is what we are going to support get over it!' then maybe this'll die down. but thats just my 2 cents.

The problem is that this has already been done, and the devs have even posted here to let us know that the initscripts package is *not* going away for as long as possible, even before the decision to transition to systemd was finalized. In spite of this, the mess didn't "die down," and some people on the list have resorted to personal attacks against one of the systemd lead developers and other list members in an attempt to sway the Arch devs away from systemd rather than even arguing their case against systemd based on technical criticisms, most of which can bee worked out by reporting bugs through the official channels, including the Arch bug tracker[1] and the systemd bug tracker[2]. It is such personal attacks against both the developers of systemd and others on this list that prompted Tom and other Arch developers to minimize their contact with the list, and I for one don't blame them for wanting to stay out of the line of fire.

[1] https://bugs.archlinux.org
[2] https://bugs.freedesktop.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=systemd
~Kyle