Re: Adwords reports 3 times as many 'clicks' as the server log shows served.

On 05/13/2011 09:16 PM, Xavier Gallagher wrote:
Dear Everyone,

I am currently in debate with Google Adwords about the clicks I am
being charged for.

The issue is simple.  I have  specific landing pages for my Adwords adverts.

My server logs show the landing page served 125 times, Adwords reports
360 'clicks'.

There should be a 1-to-1 mapping as far as I am concerned.  If the
landing page was not requested, then the click, valid or not never
reached the server.

Could a cacheing proxy servers be causing the difference?

I repeated the experiment with a new site.  7 clicks, but only two
reported HTTP GET requests to the landing page.

Does anyone have a similar experience? or explanation?

I have searched for answers, but I only get Adwords vs Analytics
answers, and i don't use AWstats.

I retrieve my logs via cpanel, if that is relevant.

Any help gratefully received.

Thanks

Xavier

It will be very difficult to provide assistance without any form of hard data.

You'd need to look at real server logs - not something dished up by a crapanel.

--
J.