Re: Worker MPM configuration with High Load

Hi Jeff

Whenever i am increasing number of worker(tomcat) my response time increased.If i am running 1 tomcat & 1 LB with above configuration and hitting 400 concurrent requests it give me expected response time.when i added one more tomcat (so total 2 worker,1 LB) and hitting concurrent 800 requests my response time increased.i feel some issue at apache configuration so its not forwarding requests properly\timly to tomcat workers and slow down response. please help me out?

thanks
harsimran

On Mon, Apr 25, 2011 at 9:03 PM, Jeff Trawick <trawick@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Mon, Apr 25, 2011 at 10:50 AM, Harsimranjit singh Kler
<simran4u2@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Jeff
>
> Thanks for update .I have gone through that Doc.
>
> Above configurations working for me Still i have some specific
> questions..:-)
> 1)Is it good to increase min\maxSparethread for increasing response time?

see if there is significant httpd child process creation/termination;
if so, these can be adjusted to reduce that

> And what should MaxRequestsPerChild?

0, unless you have a specific problem you're trying to work around

> 2)AJP ports should different for all tomcat worker ?
> 3)Why apache not complain(no error log) if we provide wrong configurations
> in worker properities for particular worker?

maybe there is a better mailing list for mod_jk?