Re: Worker MPM configuration with High Load

Hi Jeff

Thanks for update .I have gone through that Doc.

Above configurations working for me Still i have some specific questions..:-)
1)Is it good to increase min\maxSparethread for increasing response time? And what should MaxRequestsPerChild?
2)AJP ports should different for all tomcat worker ?
3)Why apache not complain(no error log) if we provide wrong configurations in worker properities for particular worker?

Thanks

On Thu, Apr 21, 2011 at 4:50 PM, Jeff Trawick <trawick@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Wed, Apr 20, 2011 at 11:55 PM, Harsimranjit singh Kler
<simran4u2@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> ServerLimit 30
> StartServers 20
> MaxClients 1500
> MinSpareThreads 40
> MaxSpareThreads 100
> ThreadsPerChild 50
> MaxRequestsPerChild 0

> 1)i am hitting with 1500 concurrent user.is this configuration fine?

you encountered the "reached maxclients" condition with MaxClients=1500...

whether that is expected is up to your app and the traffic

if the app hangs or takes a long time to respond, you could reach the
maxclients limit regardless

if the app is responding appropriately and your machine has capacity,
increase maxclients

> 3)I HAVE SET startserver 20(means 20 child processes with 50 thread per
> child) .but why am getting 2 with following command
>
> “ps aux | grep http | grep -v “\(root\|grep\)” | wc -l”–>2

you set MaxSpareThreads to 100; that's 2 * your ThreadsPerChild

don't worry about StartServers

notice that your MinSpareThreads and MaxSpareThreads values and the
difference between them are a small percentage of MaxClients; if load
changes by a very small percentage, child processes will be terminated
or started

perhaps this preso would help:
http://blogs.sun.com/trawick/resource/DeepDive/WebStackDeepDiveApache.pdf

--