Re: Different vhosts.conf between Apache 2.2.17 for Windows and Apache for Linux 2.2.14-rc1 - issue 25435?

On 2/11/2011 1:17 AM, Zeno Davatz wrote:
> Dear William
>
> On Thu, Feb 10, 2011 at 11:36 PM, William A. Rowe Jr.
> <wrowe@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> On 2/10/2011 2:48 AM, Zeno Davatz wrote:
>>>
>>> It seems that Apache for Windows interprets vhosts.conf files
>>> differently then Apache for Linux does. I am asking this question
>>> related to mod_ruby. Both Apaches (Linux and Windows) start fine with
>>> mod_ruby.so loaded.
>>
>> httpd does not.  In fact the entire codebase of httpd is identical except
>> in respect to splitting off and dispatching to worker processes (that lies
>> in the MPM, winnt has its own), and handling owner/group sids (which only
>> unix really looks at relative to suexec features), and mod_win32's special
>> handling of cgi's.  The rest?  Identical.  The consistency comes from APR's
>> portability layer.
>>
>> I see you spent a bunch of time on the dev@ list today debugging mod_ruby,
>> please stop doing that.  users@ may be a good place to start your research,
>> but ultimately these questions have to go to the mod_ruby people to tell
>> you what is broken.  mod_ruby is not an ASF project.
>
> What has to happen that this becomes an ASF project? My goal is that
> mod_ruby becomes a standard Apache library.

mod_ruby developers have to decide that is what they want.  It isn't for
their users or for the ASF to make or really even influence that decision.

The ASF is an organization of inclusiveness of the willing :)